Sunday, January 10, 2010

Two more recipes completed

Recipe three: Steak Fajitas from The Ultimate Beer Lovers Cookbook which MaryBeth gave me for my birthday. We marinaded the steak overnight after cutting it into fajita strips. This was apparently wrong due to the fact that I failed to read the whole recipe. We were suppose to marinade the steak as a whole, cook it, then cut it. But our way turned out fine. The marinade was very easy, and the fajitas tasted good. Nothing out of the ordinary though.

Recipe four:
As mentioned in the previous post, I made the Brown Butter Pistachio Raspberry cake for dessert. It was very good! I had to make my own pistachio flour because, surprise, surprise! Santa Fe doesn't have any! Making it though was very simple with our new food processor. I also could not find a tart pan in Santa Fe, as the recipe called for one, so I cooked it in a 9in round cake pan, which worked OK.

No comments: