I modified the chili recipe I normally make a bit, which is my mom's recipe.
Recipe Six: Chili
2 can tomato paste (6 oz each)
1 can kidney beans
1 can black beans
1 can diced tomatoes with jalapenos
1 can diced jalapenos
1 onion
2 cups water
5 tbsp chili powder
2 tsp cumin
2 tsp cilantro
1 lb ground pork
1 lb ground beef
Mix all ingredients except meat together in a crock pot. Warm on medium setting while cooking pork and beef in a frying pan until done, add to mixture. Cook on medium high setting for 2 hours. Add cheese and sour cream to individual servings. Enjoy with Cool Ranch Doritos!
Jon says this is the best batch of chili I have ever made. The main difference is I added pork and more jalapenos to the mixture. The chili powder I have is pretty amazing, not store bought. I got it from one of my interns as a fundraiser for her soccer team. It came to me in a zip lock bag with the word Med on it. There were different levels of hotness in the chili pepper she was selling!
Saturday, January 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment