I've been pretty sick of my weight for months now and I really want to lose weight, 40 -45 pounds to be exact, basically what I was when I graduated high school. I am going to Kappa Delta Convention at the end of June and would love to lose 10 pounds before I go.
So far I have bought a pedometer and am keeping tracks of my steps. I usually get close to the 10,000 recommended a day, but need to make an effort to get all of the steps in. I have been taking walks around town during short breaks from work and the other night Jon and I walked around the apartments before picking up our mail. This weekend we will be hiking in Bandilier, and tonight and tomorrow will get short walk in.
I plan on renewing my gym membership on Tuesday, and going at least 3 times a week. I've also been trying to eat better. Leesa bought me the Biggest Loser cook book and so far Jon and I have made two dinners from that. They were really good! And I've been weighing my food on a scale Leesa gave me. I've also been watching a show on Lifetime called Cook Yourself Thin and they have wonderful recipes! I made this Quiche over the weekend, substituting broccoli for mushrooms.
I am going to begin documenting what I eat. I think if I do this I feel more accountable and won't snack as much and eat so much junk.
So for breakfast today I had
1 cup multigrain Cheerios (120 calories)
1/2 cup milk (70 calories)
1 cup cranberry Green Tea
Multi vitamin
2 Glucosamine (for joints)
10:30am - Smart Popcorn (120 calories)
Lunch - Salad
2 cups spinach
1/2 cup tomatoes
1/4 cup cucumbers
1/4 cup brocolli
2 tsbp fat free dressing (60 calories)
Thursday, May 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment